2.14.2012

Altuzarra Fall 2012 RTW

YES! A Fall 2012 show with a gypsy theme...you know I love this {insert Gilded Gypsies plug here}!  Joseph Altuzarra showed a very cool collection on Saturday...it was traveling gypsy meets military babe.  The designer's inspiration: Corto Maltese, an Italian/French comic book character popular in the 1960s & 1970s.  Said the designer of his collection muse "He was a sailor, his mom was a gypsy, and his dad was Venetian."  I loved every single piece in this collection but had to narrow the imagery down to 20 + a few detail shots.  I loved the rich looking shearling coats, the fur, the printed pants, the knit fringe skirts, the boots, the velvet bootcut pants, the riding pants, the simple gorgeous black dresses.  I could go on and on about every design detail on the clothes...every button, every gold coin, every dangling red ball on those awesome sweaters! But if I go on and on about my love of this collection, I'd be here all day and you might get lost in translation.









 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment